Make Valentines for People In Need of Good Cheer
Honor the legacy of Martin Luther King Jr on Monday, January 17th by volunteering!
Help us reach our goal of making 500 cards for community members in need of some good cheer. Cards will be distributed to residents in assisted living facilities for Valentines Day.
This is a family friendly volunteer opportunity. We need your childrens' creative talents to put smiles on the faces of the seniors who will receive the cards! Do this project on your own time at home and drop the cards off by the end of the day on Wednesday, February 9th.
If you'd like inspiration for what to include in your valentine - please check out our ideas here:
Drop off location: Volunteer Center of Santa Cruz County
1740 17th Ave, Santa Cruz, CA 95062
Hours: Monday through Thursday
9am - 12pm and 1pm - 4pm
Guidelines for makeing great cards!
- You can use any type of paper andyour card can be any size
- You do NOT need to put your card in an envelope UNLESS - you use glitter! Then please put it into an envelope so we can keep track of your glitter
- Take your time - quality is better than quantity. Think of someone you love and make a card that you would be proud to give to them. You don't have to be an artist or make something fancy.
- Keep your message simple and gender nuetral - this makes it easier for distributing them.
- Your card can also be a friendly card to just say "hello" - you don't have to stick to the valentine theme.
Age Minimum (with Adult): 1+, Minimum Age:10+, Court Ordered Volunteer - Allowed
Log in or Register
In order to register for this opportunity you must log in to an existing account or register to create a new account.
Signup with team
This link allows you to participate in this opportunity with a team. When you click on the link you will have the option to:
- Choose an existing team you're already a member or captain of, or
- Create a new team to sign up.
Please respond to the following questions in order to signup for this opportunity: