Age Minimum (with Adult): 21+, Minimum Age:21+, Skills: Mentoring Youth
Make a Difference for a Child in Foster Care
You can make a lasting difference in the life of a child in foster care!
Apply to be a Court Appointed Special Advocate!
As a CASA, you will:
- Investigate the needs of the child by familiarizing yourself with their welfare file
- Advocate for the child’s needs to be met promptly and thoroughly.
- Generally serve as a trusted & consistent source of support for the child!
In a sea of ever-changing faces, the CASA volunteer is the one person the child knows will keep coming back, each and every week. No other program combines regular mentoring and preventive services with the comprehensive advocacy that influences decisions directly affecting the child’s future.
Steps to become a CASA:
- Attend an informational meeting
- Interview at the Watsonville office
- Submit paperwork/application Partake in advocate training
*must be 21 years of age to apply*
Volunteer information meetings are currently being held online via Zoom. Sign up at: casaofsantacruz.org/signup
PLEASE READ THESE SAFETY TIPS FOR VOLUNTEERING DURING THE PUBLIC HEALTH EMERGENCY
**This is a Referral Opportunity, which means it is run directly by one of our nonprofit partners. Once you express interest, someone from the partner organization should follow up with you shortly to discuss confirming you as a volunteer for this opportunity.
Log in or Register
In order to register for this opportunity you must log in to an existing account or register to create a new account.
Signup with team
This link allows you to participate in this opportunity with a team. When you click on the link you will have the option to:
- Choose an existing team you're already a member or captain of, or
- Create a new team to sign up.
Please respond to the following questions in order to signup for this opportunity: