Age Minimum (with Adult): 14+, Minimum Age:18+
Friendly Visitor For Isolated Seniors
I-You Venture is seeking individuals to visit seniors living in care facilities. Studies have shown 59 percent of residents that are placed in care facilities aren’t visited by family or friends. As a volunteer, you can help reduce the isolation and loneliness that many residents face every day. I-You Venture volunteers help residents overcome this isolation by introducing the community to them and letting them know someone cares!
Friendly Visitor volunteers:
- Visit isolated seniors
- Assist with arts and crafts
- Assist with board games, puzzles and bingo
- Share the joy of music
- Share life history and memories
- Read to seniors
Who Can Be A Friendly Visitor?
- Volunteers should have a sincere interest in making a difference in the life of an older person.
- We would like volunteers to ideally commit for a period of six months.
Get Involved...Select the Red "Express Interest" button below
**This is a Referral Opportunity, which means it is run directly by one of our nonprofit partners. Once you express interest, someone from the partner organization should follow up with you shortly to discuss confirming you as a volunteer for this opportunity.
Log in or Register
In order to register for this opportunity you must log in to an existing account or register to create a new account.
Signup with team
This link allows you to participate in this opportunity with a team. When you click on the link you will have the option to:
- Choose an existing team you're already a member or captain of, or
- Create a new team to sign up.
Please respond to the following questions in order to signup for this opportunity: