Environmental Justice Legal Document Reviewers
Come and join the twice honored local ‘Be The Difference’ Awardees at the Romero Institute’s reconvened volunteer team where you can participate in organizing and categorizing our archival documents from our Karen Silkwood case.
The Romero Institute (formerly known as the Christic Institute) is an interfaith,nonprofit law and public policy center. It continues its work where the Institute prosecuted and amplified some of the most celebrated public interest cases of our time, including the Iran-Contra Affair, Three Mile Island, and the American Sanctuary Movement.
We focus in California (our Let’s Green California program) and the Dakotas (the Lakota People’s Law Project) on local and statewide solutions to confront the global climate crisis. In partnership with frontline communities, allied organizations, and members of the public, we oppose pipelines and other toxic infrastructure, we amplify underrepresented voices, and we seek legal and policy remedies to help protect people and the planet.
This is where YOU come in, where you can shine a light for justice:
- The ideal volunteer will have experience with archival, library science or office administration, but it's not required
- Availability Monday through Friday 9:00 - 3:00 at our downtown Santa Cruz office - you determine your own hours and schedule with our volunteer coordinator
- Passion for environmental & social justice causes
- Keen attention to detail
- Enjoy sorting and organizing documents
- Ability to work independently
- All volunteers are required to sign an NDA and agree to keep the information in the legal documents confidential.
Age Minimum (with Adult): 18+, Minimum Age:18+
Log in or Register
In order to register for this opportunity you must log in to an existing account or register to create a new account.
Sign up with a team
This link allows you to participate in this opportunity with a team. A team can be a family team, corporate team, or any kind of organized group. When you click on the link you will have the option to:
- Choose an existing team you're already a member or captain of, or
- Create a new team to sign up.
Please respond to the following questions in order to signup for this opportunity: