Age Minimum (with Adult): 18+, Minimum Age:18+
Cook Lunch at the Homeless Garden Project Farm
HGP is looking for a new Tuesday Volunteer Cook
We provide a hot lunch for the trainees in our program every day that they work (Tuesday-Friday). Lunch is usually for 20-30 people. During the winter months (November - April) trainees are at the workshop, this year located at Peace United Church, and during the summer months (April - October) trainees are at the farm, located at Shaffer and Delaware.
Here's how it works:
- We're looking for someone to commit to cooking lunch every Tuesday for at least 3 months (though we know that sometimes life happens - so if you need a sub for a Tuesday or two, we can make that work).
- There is a basic kitchen at the farm where you can cook the meals, or you can choose to prepare food at home. You can also harvest produce at the farm to complete the meal.
- Trainees and staff will take care of cleaning up and doing the dishes.
Next steps will include an orientation, and the opportunity to shadow a current cook before starting.
Please email firstname.lastname@example.org if this is something that would interest you! If you can't commit to Tuesdays, but would like to be added to the list to fill in as needed, please reach out!
Log in or Register
In order to register for this opportunity you must log in to an existing account or register to create a new account.
Signup with team
This link allows you to participate in this opportunity with a team. When you click on the link you will have the option to:
- Choose an existing team you're already a member or captain of, or
- Create a new team to sign up.
Please respond to the following questions in order to signup for this opportunity: