Age Minimum (with Adult): 1+, Minimum Age:1+, Court Ordered Volunteer - Allowed
Create Stars for the Adopt-a-Family Program
The Adopt-A-Family project which has been running for nearly 30 years and supports families struggling to make ends meet during the holidays. Each year we partner with 25 fellow non-profits on this project to meet the needs of more than 450 families.
Accompanied by the Adopt-a-family project is the Stars Program! Each year local businesses support the Adopt-A-Family project by displaying stars in their businesses. These gifts are then donated to families that are not adopted by our partner agencies. It has been a tradition that YouthSERVE volunteers make star ornaments for the stars programs during the summertime to help us prepare!
During the holiday season, folks will pick up these DIY stars ornaments, purchase the gift labeled on them, and return them to the bank or business. Traditionally these stars ornaments are made of foam or sturdy paper, but this year we will be creating virtual stars as well.
We welcome you to use Canva.com to create stars ornaments by following these easy steps!
1) Register or sign up for Canva
2) Start a design from scratch
3) Find a star shape under "frames" or "shapes"
4) Decorate the stars by using stickers, colors, photos, and additional options under the "elements" tab
5) Add a gift that you think a child or teen would be excited to open during the holidays by clicking the "text" tab. Have fun and be as creative as you'd like!
6) Completed stars can be shared with the YouthSERVE Coordinator. Press the "share" button in the upper right corner. Enter the address email@example.com and make sure to enable "edit". Then press "enter" or "return".
You can additionally download the stars and email them to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Log in or Register
In order to register for this opportunity you must log in to an existing account or register to create a new account.
Signup with team
This link allows you to participate in this opportunity with a team. When you click on the link you will have the option to:
- Choose an existing team you're already a member or captain of, or
- Create a new team to sign up.
Please respond to the following questions in order to signup for this opportunity: