Age Minimum (with Adult): 18+, Minimum Age:18+, Court Ordered Volunteer - Allowed
Volunteer with Suicide Prevention Service!
Help to self-empower individuals in crisis so such persons can remain safe from suicide. Suicide Prevention Service is seeking volunteers for the upcoming summer 2020 training, which will be done remotely.
Volunteer Responsibilities and Impact
• Completing an extensive training in suicide prevention and intervention
• Participate in training shifts
• Taking calls from the suicide crisis line and employing a full risk assessment with each caller
• Documenting call reports
Shift Days, Times, and the Expected Time Commitment
• 24 hour shift schedule available
• Volunteers who finish training complete a one-year volunteer commitment, consisting of one 4-hour shift per week for a total of 52 shifts. Volunteers may continue to work with the program beyond their one-year commitment as well.
• No experience needed! Only an open and willing heart.
• 18+ years of age
• Active listening skills
• Gaining an understanding of different life circumstances
• Comprehensive 40+ hour training in suicide prevention and intervention
• Professional growth
• 24/7 on-call supervision
• A community!
• Training begins on Tuesday, June 23rd, 2020
• All training costs are subsidized by Suicide Prevention Service of the Central Coast.
Log in or Register
In order to register for this opportunity you must log in to an existing account or register to create a new account.
Signup with team
This link allows you to participate in this opportunity with a team. When you click on the link you will have the option to:
- Choose an existing team you're already a member or captain of, or
- Create a new team to sign up.
Please respond to the following questions in order to signup for this opportunity: