Age Minimum (with Adult): 18+, Minimum Age:18+
Support Unhoused Community Members at Shelters
Volunteers are needed to support the day-to-day operations of new, emergency shelters in Santa Cruz and Watsonville
Tasks include checking-in participants; food service; monitoring common areas, assisting staff with day-to-day operations; notifying supervisors of emerging needs.
What skills are needed for this role?
1. Friendliness, willingness to engage with residents. This is a very person-centered role interacting with residents for the entire shift - while maintaining social distancing of 6-feet at all times.
2. Flexibility and problem-solving. We won't have everything figured out at the start and there will be some trial and error.
3. You don't need experience in a shelter – we just need people with a positive attitude who are flexible and adaptable.
Volunteers will be provided with personal protective equipment (masks and gloves) and resources to maintain safety.
Log in or Register
In order to register for this opportunity you must log in to an existing account or register to create a new account.
Signup with team
This link allows you to participate in this opportunity with a team. When you click on the link you will have the option to:
- Choose an existing team you're already a member or captain of, or
- Create a new team to sign up.
Please respond to the following questions in order to signup for this opportunity: