Age Minimum (with Adult): 1+, Minimum Age:1+
Make a DIY T-Shirt Dog Toy AT HOME VOLUNTEER PROJECT
While you're stuck at home you can clean out your closet and make some braided dog toys for your local animal shelters.
This is a new project we've never tried before, but it's gotten good reviews from others. All you need is an old t-shirt and scissors.
Watch the instruction video on YouTube:
T-shirt dog toy Instructions:
- Lay the shirt down on a flat surface and cut across the chest
- Cut 1-2 inch strips (at least 3 strips since you will braid them) you can use multiple shirts if you want to mix colors
- Take a small strip and tie it around the top of the strips (an inch or less below the top of the strips)
- Braid the three strips tightly all the down Once braided, use another small strip of fabric to tie the ends of the toy
1740 17th Ave, Santa Cruz - Monday-Thursday between 10 AM-12 PM or 1 PM-4 PM.
A bin will be available in the downstairs lobby. Please make sure to include a note with your full name so we can confirm with you that we received your donation.
or contact Malia to schedule a pick-up: firstname.lastname@example.org
If you don't have any spare t-shirts lying around, feel free to pick some up from our Live Oak office! There are plenty of new Human Race t-shirts available upon request. Contact Malia for more information or to set up a pickup time.
Use the "Express Interest" button below to let us know that you're planning on completing the project.
Log in or Register
In order to register for this opportunity you must log in to an existing account or register to create a new account.
Signup with team
This link allows you to participate in this opportunity with a team. When you click on the link you will have the option to:
- Choose an existing team you're already a member or captain of, or
- Create a new team to sign up.
Please respond to the following questions in order to signup for this opportunity: