Age Minimum (with Adult): 1+, Minimum Age:1+
Make Things Out of Old T-Shirts AT HOME VOLUNTEER PROJECT
While you're stuck at home you can clean out your closet and make some useful items out of your old T-shirts. We have 2 projects you can do at home today!
Make Reusable Produce Bags: We use the bags in our food pantry and are always in need of more produce bags! All you need is a T-shirt and scissors!
Watch our You-Tube video for complete instructions: https://youtu.be/vGd9-OEsaXk
- Turn the shirt inside out and trace the shape of handles at the top (cutting off the sleeves and the neck of the shirt)
- Cut strips at the bottom of the shirt about 1 inch wide
- Tie the strips together with a double knot on each strip
- Turn the shirt right-side out.
1740 17th Ave, Santa Cruz Monday-Thursday between 10AM-12PM or 1PM-4PM.
Place in the bin in the downstairs lobby.
or email Malia to arrange for pick up email@example.com
Make a DIY T-shirt Dog Toy: This is a new project we've never tried before, but it's gotten good reviews from others. All you need is an old t-shirt and scissors. We donate the toys to the local animal shelters. Watch the instruction video on YouTube:
- Lay the shirt down on a flat surface and cut across the chest
- Cut 1-2 inch strips (at least 3 strips since you will braid them) you can use multiple shirts if you want to mix colors
- Take a small strip and tie it around the top of the strips (an inch or less below the top of the strips)
- Braid the three strips tightly all the down Once braided, use another small strip of fabric to tie the ends of the toy
1740 17th Ave, Santa Cruz - Monday-Thursday between 10AM-12PM or 1PM-4PM.
A bin will be available in the downstairs lobby.
or contact Malia to schedule a pick-up: firstname.lastname@example.org
If you don't have any spare t-shirts lying around, feel free to pick some up from our Live Oak office! There are plenty of new Human Race t-shirts available upon requests. Contact Malia for more information.
Use the "Express Interest" Button below to let us know that you're planning on completing the project.
Log in or Register
In order to register for this opportunity you must log in to an existing account or register to create a new account.
Signup with team
This link allows you to participate in this opportunity with a team. When you click on the link you will have the option to:
- Choose an existing team you're already a member or captain of, or
- Create a new team to sign up.
Please respond to the following questions in order to signup for this opportunity: