Age Minimum (with Adult): 14+, Minimum Age:14+, Skills: Classroom Support
Early Childhood Education Center Volunteer Position
The Walnut Avenue Family & Women’s Center (Walnut Avenue) is a strength-based family center dedicated to addressing barriers to families thriving in Santa Cruz County. Our mission is to provide support and services so women, children and families have the opportunity and skills to thrive.
***We are currently looking for ECE volunteers! Please call Genevieve at (831) 426-3062, ext 215 to attend a volunteer orientation and get started!***
Provide strength-based, child-centered support to children ages 0 to 5 years and their families.
Volunteer duties may include:
· Interacting with children on-on-one and in groups
· Supporting teachers by facilitating activities: art, books, circle time, cooking, dramatic play, manipulative, sensory and songs
· Conflict resolution and problem solving with children
· Interacting with parents to strengthen child’s support systems
· Helping with snack, lunch preparation and clean up
ECE Volunteer Shifts:
· Monday-Friday between the hours of 8:30am-5:30pm
Requirements & Qualifications
· Ability to make a weekly volunteer commitment (at least one shift a week)
· Ability to make a minimum of 3 consecutive month commitment
· Completion of Walnut Avenue’s volunteer orientation
· Completion of one-on-one training with ECE Director
· Fingerprinting/background check (DOJ, FBI and Child Abuse Index check)
· Proof of full immunization
Please call the office at (831) 426-3062 beforehand to sign up for an orientation. From there, you will be in contact with the opportunity coordinator.
Volunteers under 18 must interview in person.
It is the policy of Walnut Avenue to provide equal employment and volunteer opportunities (EEO) to all persons regardless of age, color, national origin, physical disability, race, religion, creed, gender, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law.
Log in or Register
In order to register for this opportunity you must log in to an existing account or register to create a new account.
Signup with team
This link allows you to participate in this opportunity with a team. When you click on the link you will have the option to:
- Choose an existing team you're already a member or captain of, or
- Create a new team to sign up.
Please respond to the following questions in order to signup for this opportunity: