Age Minimum (with Adult): 12+, Minimum Age:12+, Court Ordered Volunteer - Allowed
Youth Leaders to Shape Santa Cruz County
While Friday Night Live youth work on many and varying projects, some of the projects include:
- Training and Special Events Coordinator: Help to plan events and trainings. Collect and order needed materials, contact venues and attendees, order food, send follow up emails, create flyers and appropriate advertising, and other event related coordination.
- RAMA: Responsible Alcohol Merchant Awards are given to local merchants who work to limit youth access to substances. Some duties include coordination, scheduling and conducting interviews, using a rubric to determine the level of award, promoting awardees through media press releases, working with law enforcement, and distributing awards.
- Choose Your Ride: is a campaign to promote safe rides and designated drivers through local restaurants and bars. Participating businesses offer promotions to designated drivers. Some duties include outreach to merchants for participation, distribution of materials, tabling at local events to promote the campaign, and project coordination.
- Day Out With Thomas: The last weekend of July and first weekend of August, Friday Night Live youth and staff volunteer and fundraise at the Day Out With Thomas events at Roaring Camp. Youth gain real job skills in food service, customer service, youth and adult engagement, taking tickets, boarding the train, family friendly activities, and retail service.
Youth leaders who volunteer for 50+ hours during summer session are eligible for a stipend and will be considered for additional youth conference and training opportunities. Volunteer for this project -- use the EXPRESS INTEREST button below to connect with the project coordinator.
**This is a Referral Opportunity, which means it is run directly by one of our nonprofit partners. Once you express interest, someone from the partner organization should follow up with you shortly to discuss confirming you as a volunteer for this opportunity.
Log in or Register
In order to register for this opportunity you must log in to an existing account or register to create a new account.
Signup with team
This link allows you to participate in this opportunity with a team. When you click on the link you will have the option to:
- Choose an existing team you're already a member or captain of, or
- Create a new team to sign up.
Please respond to the following questions in order to signup for this opportunity: